Saturday, September 6, 2014

Team Member Bio's






The first introduction of our team that has been planning the pilgrimage. We had a great meeting yesterday over the phone with all 5 members and its all coming together.  Once we secured our tickets there was no stopping it, but now, after hearing all the plans that have been put into action in Mexico its really hitting home about the magnatude of the adventure.  One really exciting part is that we will be able to visit the community in Mexico City for a day, a true gift for us all. They will also be able to send a few delegates no only of their board members but also some of their assistants and core members as well.

We penciled out our itenerary and Mireille and all the members of the Queretaro community have really helped to put together some amazing experiences.  The pilgrimage to the Church really is getting the group excited and I have to say the potential of being on Radio or Television to announce L'Arche and share our mission is also quite exciting.  Thank you Xavier for being the anchor in the communications department.

More to come tomorrow.


I am Mireille, a member of “El Arca en Querétaro” in México. I have known the community since 2002 and in 2004 I joined the Board where I have been a member since. In addition, I have been involved in the USA Solidarity Commission (since 2009) and also with L’Arche International. This photo shows me with Doug from the Tahoma Hope community, three years ago when I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the community and get to know many members!!
I was born and raised in Lebanon and came to live and study in the USA in 1984. In 1991 I moved to Mexico, which has become my second home country! I enjoy gardening, being in nature, taking photos, and practicing yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment